Patient and team safety is the utmost top priority at Lanie Family Dentistry.
We take pride in the fact that our safety and infection control protocols have always surpassed the recommendations of the CDC, American Dental Association (ADA), and Indiana Dental Association (IDA) guidelines.
In addition to the infection control procedures we have always practiced at our office, we will be following, and once again exceeding, the ADA and CDC guidelines with these additional safety measures:
- Teledentistry will continue to be available for assessment, pain relief recommendations, and supervision of ongoing dental treatment
- The waiting room will be limited in order to practice safe distancing and we have removed all children’s toys, magazines, and brochures.
- We ask that patients do not bring guests unless extra assistance is needed.
- High-touch surfaces will be disinfected hourly.
- Coffee will be available upon request (no longer self-service).
- Plexiglass shield has been installed at the front desk for additional protection of patients and staff.
- Two HEPA air purifiers have been installed in the office.
- Vinyl flooring has been installed in all operatories.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for patient usage.
- We have ordered a high-velocity evacuation device that removes aerosols during dental treatments.
- Dental equipment, like a rubber dam or suction, may be used for additional procedures now.
- Treatment rooms will be more isolated. We are reducing room entrances and going away from an open-concept to better contain aerosols.
As always, we will provide you with the highest possible quality of care. Our protocols for sterilization and disinfection will provide a safe environment for not only our patients but for our team as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some additional changes for patient and staff safety, along with our already strict infection control protocols:
- We will call with a COVID pre-screening questionnaire 48-72 hours prior to your appointment, which will be given again upon arrival at your appointment
- When arriving for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle and check-in by phone. We will let you know if your treatment room is ready for your entry.
- No additional guests may attend the appointment with the patient (with the exception of those needing special assistance determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Patient’s temperature will be taken upon arrival
- You are invited to use the hand sanitizer readily available throughout the office
To make an appointment, please call our office at (317) 422-5172. Thank you for entrusting us with your oral health.